The Social Work (Hons) programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has been developed in partnership with a range of key stakeholders, including social work service users and carers, and representatives from social work agencies. You’ll be well prepared for the fast-changing and challenging world of social work.
You can choose to study this course at either our Preston Campus or at our Burnley Campus in Pennine Lancashire.
You could enter a career in social work with children and families, youth justice, older adults, mental health, community care, children and adults with disabilities, education welfare and substance misuse.
This course was approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and is now approved by Social Work England, the specialist body who regulates social workers in their vital roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Justice in Practice
- Human Growth and Development
- Law and safeguarding
- Preparation for Social Work Practice
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Working with Children, Young People & Families
- Social Perspectives on Mental Health and Distress
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 715 other Bachelors in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- UCAS: 120 points at A2
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM
- Pass Access Course: 120 UCAS points
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: Pass including 120 points from Higher Level Subjects
- T Level: M
- IELTS: 6.0 with no component lower than 5.5
- GCSEs: 5 at grade C/4 including English or equivalent
- Applicants will also need to be successful at an interview
- This course will involve you working with vulnerable groups of individuals, including children. In order to ensure that the University offers places on their programmes to suitable candidates you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance (formerly termed CRB).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.