36 months
14250 GBP/year
9250 GBP/year
Tuition fee
Apply date
Start date


Are you passionate about helping those in need? The Social Work (Hons) programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)  aligns with Social Work England's professional standards and prepares you to work with some of our society's most marginalised and disadvantaged people.

Visit the official programme website for more information


The Social Work (Hons) programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has been developed in partnership with a range of key stakeholders, including social work service users and carers, and representatives from social work agencies. You’ll be well prepared for the fast-changing and challenging world of social work.

You can choose to study this course at either our Preston Campus or at our Burnley Campus in Pennine Lancashire.

Future careers

You could enter a career in social work with children and families, youth justice, older adults, mental health, community care, children and adults with disabilities, education welfare and substance misuse.


This course was approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and is now approved by Social Work England, the specialist body who regulates social workers in their vital roles.​

Programme Structure

Courses include:

  • Social Justice in Practice
  • Human Growth and Development
  • Law and safeguarding
  • Preparation for Social Work Practice
  • Communication and Interpersonal Skills
  • Working with Children, Young People & Families
  • Social Perspectives on Mental Health and Distress

Key information


  • Full-time
    • 36 months

Start dates & application deadlines


IELTS admission requirements IELTS
PTE Academic admission requirements PTE Academic
More about PTE Academic
TOEFL admission requirements TOEFL® IBT


360 alternative credits



Academic requirements

We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.

English requirements

IELTS admission requirements IELTS
PTE Academic admission requirements PTE Academic
More about PTE Academic
TOEFL admission requirements TOEFL® IBT

Student insurance

Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:

  • Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
  • Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
  • Liability
  • Home contents and baggage
  • Accidents
  • Legal aid

We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.

Get your student insurance now

Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.

Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.

Other requirements

General requirements

  • UCAS: 120 points at A2
  • BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM
  • Pass Access Course: 120 UCAS points
  • International Baccalaureate Diploma: Pass including 120 points from Higher Level Subjects
  • T Level: M
  • IELTS: 6.0 with no component lower than 5.5
  • GCSEs: 5 at grade C/4 including English or equivalent
  • Applicants will also need to be successful at an interview
  • This course will involve you working with vulnerable groups of individuals, including children. In order to ensure that the University offers places on their programmes to suitable candidates you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance (formerly termed CRB).

Tuition Fee

To alway see correct tuition fees
  • International

    14250 GBP/year
    Tuition Fee
    Based on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
  • National

    9250 GBP/year
    Tuition Fee
    Based on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.

Living costs for Preston

751 - 1425 GBP /month
Living costs

The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.


Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.

Our partners

Social Work (Hons)
University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)


Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!