During your BA Social Work (Hons) course at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) you’ll develop the knowledge, skills and values required to qualify as a social worker and will be eligible to register with the Health and Care Professions Council, graduating with an understanding of the fast-changing world of social work.
On BA (Hons) Social Work, you’ll benefit from small group tutorials and one-on-ones with tutors. Your personal tutor will work with you and visit you both when you’re in the field, as well as on campus. We have lots of extra-curricular activities including a dedicated social work film club, offering monthly film screenings around relevant, book clubs, and course outings.
The course also has a strong international element. Recently students have visited Amsterdam, Cyprus, Toronto and Krakow, visiting other social work institutions. Furthermore, we have a fairly large percentage of mature students, which adds to your learning experience due to a mix of ages, perspectives and previous experience.
Completion of this degree makes you eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council for registration as a social worker. You could enter a career in social work working with children and families, youth justice, older adults, mental health, community care, children and adults with disabilities, education welfare, and substance misuse. This may be in a variety of settings in the statutory sector or in a vast range of voluntary and independent agencies.
Recent graduates have successfully gained employment in social work teams in a variety of settings such as parenting and family support teams, youth justice, community drug teams and community mental health teams. Some graduates returned to the School to undertake post qualifying courses for experienced practitioners and continue their academic study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Justice in practice
- Human Growth & Development
- Learning from Service Users and Carers Experience and Knowledge
- Law & Safeguarding
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Preparation for Social Work Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 262 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 112 UCAS Points. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement. General Studies accepted
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit
- Pass Access Course: 112 UCAS Points
- International Baccalaureate:Pass Diploma with 112 UCAS points from Higher Level Subjects
- IELTS: 7.0 with no subscore lower than 7.0
- GCSE: 5 at grade C/4 including English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12700 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part-time: £1,540 per 20 credits studied (UK/EU)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.