The Architectural Technology (Hons) course from Liverpool John Moores University is structured to enable you to develop specialist knowledge in building design, project preparation, construction technology, performance of buildings, contracts and professional practice. You will be given the opportunity to develop expertise in the preparation of architectural drawings using both manual drawing techniques and Computer Aided Design packages, including Revit.
You will be given realistic technical design projects that enable you to develop your skills with projects becoming increasingly challenging and varied as you progress through the course.
The programme provides an introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM) allowing architectural technology students to work on industry standard software in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Chartered Architectural Technologists lead the technological design within architecture between concept, innovation and reality. You can set up your own practice, provide a full architectural design service and lead projects of all shapes and sizes from start to finish from new homes and hotels to shopping centres and sports stadia.
You will play a pivotal role in the construction process and be complementary to other Chartered disciplines in the built environment sector
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research project
- Collaborative interdisciplinary project
- Advanced architectural design
- Detailed design and project presentation
- Architectural technology professional practice
- Construction technology
- Procurement and contracts
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 226 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum points required from qualifications 104
- We are looking for students who are keen to learn new skills and develop those they already possess. We want students with the ability to: be creative with ideas and concepts, moderate their creativity with logic, be enthusiastic and thirsty for knowledge, communicate effectively and confidently and understand and adapt to a wide range of issues connected with the subject.
- It is also important that students are able to manage time and tasks effectively as an individual and as part of a team, use appropriate sources to find and organise information and select and critically evaluate information in order to analyse problems
- If you would like to develop these skills further, have a strong interest in this subject area and want to work effectively within it, then this is the course for you! International applications will be considered in line with UK qualifications.
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Full-time industrial placement year fee: £1,850 per annum
- Full-time international placement year fee: £3,650 per annum
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.