An understanding of the qualitative and quantitative biological data that are accruing, and the tools used to analyze them, requires substantial mastery of biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, and computer science.
- The interdisciplinary bioinformatics specialization will be offered by two other departments (Computer Science and Engineering, and Bioengineering). All three versions of the bioinformatics specialization share a common set of core requirements, and also have distinct requirements reflecting each unit’s academic focus.
- The Bioinformatics specialization offered by the Division of Biological Sciences at the University of California, San Diego is aimed at a student interested in applying, and to some extent developing, tools of bioinformatics for the study of biological systems. Students will receive a BS in Biology with a Specialization in Bioinformatics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This degree will prepare students for graduate studies in biological and biomedical sciences, and provide excellent training for work in the biomedical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and bioinformatics industries.
- Students in the bioinformatics major are required to take courses in departments outside of the Division of Biological Sciences. As a result, we recommend students contact each respective department to inquire about prerequisite enforcement and availability of courses.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 194 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Your Application
- Accept your offer and submit your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) through the Applicant Portal.
- Submit final, official transcripts: high school(s) plus any college/university transcripts.
- Refer to Required Documents from Schools Outside the United States if any of your coursework was taken outside the U.S.
International29754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29754 USD per year during 48 months.
National29754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29754 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14679 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.