The Information Technology program of University of South Florida strives for excellence in teaching, research, and public service.
The Department aspires to:
- Lead the advancement of computer science, computer engineering, and information technology through internationally recognized research and graduate education, as well as technology transfer to regional industries.
- Prepare students for full and ethical participation in a diverse society and encourage lifelong learning.
- Educate students in the best practices of the field as well as integrate the latest research into the curriculum.
- Foster the development of problem solving and communication skills as an integral component of the profession.
- Provide quality learning experiences through small classes, active learning styles of teaching, and opportunities for meaningful interactions between students and faculty.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has established the following program educational objectives for information technology graduates of the Department.
- Our information technology graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their career and/or obtain an advanced degree.
- Our graduates will function ethically and responsibly, and will remain informed and involved as full participants in our profession and our society.
- Our graduates will successfully function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our graduates will apply principles and practices of information technology to identify, implement, and maintain cost-effective technologies and apply fundamental computing knowledge to solve information technology problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Statistics
- Precalculus Algebra and Trigonometry
- Discrete Mathematics
- Conceptual Physics
- Human Computer Interfaces for Information Technology
- Introduction to Databases for Information Technology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Informatics & Information Sciences View 620 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Complete the online application
- Pay the non-refundable US $30 application fee
- Original or certified copies of academic transcripts, mark sheets, grade reports, diplomas or certificates, national standardized examination results, or other academic course work to USF
- Official SAT or ACT scores to USF
- Official IELTS, TOEFL or PTEA scores to USF (only required for students from non-English speaking countries)
International17324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17324 USD per year during 48 months.
National17324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17324 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.