Medieval and Renaissance Studies at the College of William & Mary advocates the serious investigation of history, languages, religion, and culture in an effort to narrow what Francesco Petrarca (d. 1374) called “the gap of time.” The aim is to amplify our comprehension of the women and men who lived in these pivotal epochs.
- Undergraduates majoring and minoring in Med-Ren have the opportunity to construct their curriculum from an array of academic disciplines: Art History, Classical Studies, English, History, Modern Languages and Literatures, Music, Philosophy, and Religious Studies.
- Our majors and minors balance breadth with depth by having a number of their academic credits come from more advanced courses.
- In keeping with the academic goals of the College, Medieval and Renaissance Studies faculty encourage students to pursue research in seminars and lecture classes, and through independent study and honors theses.
- Students may pursue a variety of research topics through the departments that contribute to the Med-Ren program, such as Art History, Classical Studies, English, History, Modern Languages and Literatures, Music, Philosophy, and Religious Studies.
- It is important to note that the ability to read a foreign language and some advanced course work in the relevant discipline frequently are crucial to the success of a project.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Modern History View 752 other Bachelors in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted application through The Common Application or The Coalition Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form, should be submitted to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.
- $75 application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
International40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
National40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17434 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.