What is Chemical Engineering?
Using the principles of mathematics, chemistry, physics and engineering sciences, Villanova Chemical Engineering students learn to transform and properly use chemicals and energy to produce almost anything. In the Chemical Engineering program of Villanova University you will be taught to creatively solve relevant technical problems arising in industries that manufacture bulk chemicals, fuels, pharmaceuticals, cell therapies, plastics, cosmetics, foods and much more. These solutions must respond to economic constraints as well as social, ethical, environmental and safety implications.
What makes Villanova’s Chemical and Biological Engineering department unique is our commitment to community:
- Between students who learn teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills together during classes and in clubs
- With faculty who value your success and take the time to get to know you—by name
- In the world outside of Villanova, where we engage in service learning trips, study abroad experiences and STEM outreach programs
- Through Nova Nation whose alumni are there to mentor, guide and support our students during their time here and after they graduate
Where Are They Now?
2019 graduates are working in a number of fields and continuing their education in specialty programs from medical school to law school. Here is just a sampling:
- Film Manufacturing Technology Engineer, 3M Company
- ALLEX Rotational Program Engineer, Air Liquide
- Staff Engineer, ALL4
- Global Construction Associate, Ankura Consulting Group
- Graduate Trainee, Chemical Engineering, Croda
- Technical Engineer, FMC
- Process Control Engineer, Johnson Matthey
- Finance Analyst, JP Morgan Chase
- Research and Development Engineer, Mars and Wrigley Confectionery
- Engineer, Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Investment Banking, Nomura Securities International
- Technical and Leadership Orientation program, Praxair
- Surface Warfare Officer, Ensign, USS CHAFEE, U.S. Navy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mass and Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Reactor Design
- Chemical Process Control
- Process Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering View 252 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application with the Member School Section for Villanova and required essays
- Official secondary school academic records (with official English translation) and letters of recommendation
- Application fee of $80
- Standardized test scores (SAT and/or ACT)
- Proof of English language proficiency
International56730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56730 USD per year during 48 months.
National56730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.