The University of Southern California Thornton Music Industry program prepares students to succeed in a rapidly evolving industry largely based in the Los Angeles area. It offers an unparalleled education, blending academics, practical knowledge and hands-on experience for those seeking a career in all facets of the music business, including: artist management, the record industry, music publishing, radio, music instrument manufacturing and distribution, live promotion and production, and arts management.
Students are mentored by faculty that include current and former industry professionals such as Mark Goldstein, Kenneth Lopez, Paul Young, Dax Kimbrough and others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- The Management of New Enterprises
- Foundations of Accounting
- Popular Music Forum
- Critical Listening
- Fundamentals of Audio Recording
- Music Publishing and Licensing
- Live Music Production and Promotion
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Event Management View 2096 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.