The Stage Management program offered at University of Southern California provides a firm foundation in theatrical history, current practice and affords opportunities to explore the intricacies of commercial and non-profit work in theatre, opera, team-based collaborations and beyond.
Students begin exploring the skills acquired in the classroom through assignments on productions as early as their first year of enrollment. Students stage manage at least one production each academic year.
The BFA is a professional degree program, which offers a conservatory approach to training. This degree emphasizes practical experience in addition to traditional course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Beginning Piano
- Introduction to Acting
- Text Studies for Production
- Introduction to Theatrical Production
- The Art of Theatrical Design
- Theory and Practice of World Theatre
- Stage Lighting
- Stage Management
- Introduction to Sound Design
- Theatre Practicum
- Production Management
- Taking it On the Road and Beyond
- Theatre Organization and Management
- Periods and Styles
- Advanced Theatre Practicum
- Shakespeare In His World
- Advanced Topics in Modern Drama
- The Performing Arts
- Scenic Design
- Costume Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Theatre & Dance View 187 other Masters in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission in the USC School of Dramatic Arts.
- Current picture or headshot
- Drama resumeYour resume should include any and all production activities. If you would like, you may also add any other non-production work or volunteer experience.
- Statement of PurposeSchedule Portfolio Review
- Non-refundable audition fee of $46
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.