What you will study
The BSc Business Management and Spanish (Hons) course will introduce you to core business principles and practice, as well as provide you with the opportunity to gain near-native fluency in the Spanish language. You’ll also have the opportunity to take Spanish ab initio.
The combination of these two subjects will prepare you for a variety of careers, enhancing your knowledge and understanding of Spanish culture and society. The business management element of the course is taught by our renowned Surrey Business School.
Your Spanish modules are almost all taught in Spanish, preparing you for your third year on placement in a Spanish-speaking country. This will give you a real insight into business practice in the relevant country, and the opportunity to use and develop your language skills in a professional setting.
Careers and graduate prospects
Graduates of this course do exceptionally well in the employment market as a result of their academic excellence and their experience abroad.
Our students’ proficiency in languages, combined with their significant understanding of intercultural processes and socio-political contexts, gives them a distinct advantage in an increasingly competitive international employment market.
Our emphasis on transferable skills such as presentation and research techniques, and communication across linguistic and cultural boundaries, ensures that our graduate profile fits the expectations of prospective employers.
Business management and language graduates from the University of Surrey have gone into a wide range of careers. Some examples of companies in which our recent graduates have found employment include:
- Electricité de France
- Kingfisher plc
- JP Morgan
- Lloyds Banking Group
- BAE Systems
- Macmillan Publishing
- Deutsche Bank
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Skills for language specialists
- Operations management
- Organisational behaviour and analysis
- Marketing principles
- Spanish language
- Contemporary spain
- Spanish language I for academic purposes
- Spanish language ii for professional purposes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1205 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Overall: ABB.
- Required subjects: Spanish.
- If you do not have Spanish at the required level but you have achieved GCSE grade A* in a modern language OR you expect to achieve at least A-level grade B in a modern language, we can consider offering you a place in the Spanish ab initio group. Ab initio study will involve additional contact hours and intensive study of the language during the first year of the programme. Please be aware: English language would not be treated as a modern language.
- GCSE or equivalent: English Language at Grade C(4) and Mathematics at Grade C (4) (or equivalent).
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Professional training £1,850
Living costs for Guildford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.