The Product Design (Hons) BSc course at De Montfort University helps you to take your imaginative ideas and make them real. To do that you need both the creativity and the technical skills to bring your ideas to life.
On this course you’ll study the fundamentals of maths and science, electrical, electronic and mechanical principles, and simulation and fluid dynamics, as well as the functional and market-led requirements of product design.
You’ll look at specific areas including technology integration, computer-aided design (CAD) and 3D design, sustainability and design for manufacture, and be taught by academics with current industry connections.
Our graduates have gone on to work in a variety of areas within industrial product design, including marketing, industrial design consultancy, user experience consultancy and project planning, product design and furniture design. Recent employers include BMW, Dyson, ASSEAL and JCB.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Principles of Design
- CAD for Product Designers
- Electrical Principles
- Mechanical Principles: Statics
- Mechanical Principles: Dynamics
- Workshop Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 548 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A ‘levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus, five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above and Maths at grade 6 or above.
Alternative qualifications include:
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) and Maths at grade B/6 or above.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English at grade C/4 or above, and Maths at grade B/6 or above.
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £9,250 with the EU undergraduate transitional scholarship (T&Cs apply)
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.