On this Fashion Design (Hons) BA programme offered at De Montfort University, you can specialise in menswear, womenswear and or fashion knitwear, and will study a range of topics including fashion illustration, innovative concept development, pattern cutting and computer-aided design (CAD) for fashion and design development - preparing you for a career in a creative multibillion-pound industry where you can benefit from countless opportunities to develop, progress and learn new skills.
You will be introduced to the academic, professional, industrial and commercial challenges of design practice. There are opportunities to work with leading brands on live projects, work placements and competition awards, thanks to the course’s unparalleled links with the UK and global apparel industry.
The first year provides grounding in fashion and design through practical, creative and technical classes and projects, while the second year is more focused, with emphasis on experimentation, in-depth project research and 3D development.
You will gain skills such as tailoring and fashion prediction, thanks to the major project in the third year giving you the opportunity to set your own briefs and create a final collection of work to showcase your unique vision and talent, as well as entering national and international competitions.
Our graduates go on to careers in a variety of areas in the fashion and textile industry as fashion designers, illustrators, pattern cutters, stylists and trend forecasters. Many launch their own businesses. Recent employers include Burberry, River Island, Alexander McQueen, Nicole Farhi, Reiss and French Connection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Creative Contexts
- Process, Interpretation and Development
- Consolidated Fashion Skills
- Design Cultures
- Directional Outerwear
- Fashion Design in Practice
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 198 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
It is normally required that students have had a break from full time education before undertaking the Access course.
- We also accept the BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English at grade 4 or above (if required as part of our standard requirement)
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £9,250 with the EU undergraduate transitional scholarship (T&Cs apply)
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.