Electronic & electrical engineering is at the heart of everything we do – from renewable energy and smart grids, to high-speed fibre optic broadband, digital sound and vision, and internet security.
Electronic & electrical engineers are the people who:
- design, build, operate and maintain our global power systems, our telecommunications networks and computing infrastructure
- develop electronic systems essential to industry, health and entertainment
Their aim is to find innovative and progressive solutions to today’s global challenges whether that’s technologies to deliver clean energy, systems to improve audio and image quality on your phone, tablet and laptop, or techniques to improve digital imagery in medical devices to aid diagnosis.
Studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Hons) at the University of Strathclyde opens many doors. With two million new employees needed in the UK engineering sector by 2020, you’ll have great career opportunities.
The breadth of this degree ensures that graduates will have the technical knowledge and understanding across the entire electronic & electrical engineering spectrum to consider careers in a diverse range of sectors including:
- consumer & electronics design
- automotive & aerospace industries
- information technology
- finance & banking
- electricity supply industry
- oil & gas
- renewable energy
- project management & engineering consultancy
The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) - this programme is CEng accredited and fulfils the educational requirements for Chartered Engineer when presented with an accredited MSc. In addition, the programme meets the educational requirements for registration as an Incorporated Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Industry & Profession
- Electronic & Electrical Techniques & Design
- Engineering Design For Software Development
- Electronic & Electrical Principles
- Engineering Mathematics
- Physical Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Honours: 480 credits
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 284 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Standard entry requirements
- AAAB (Maths A, Physics or Engineering Science)
Year 1 entry
- Typical entry requirements: ABB (Maths, Physics)
Year 2 entry
- ABB (Maths, Physics, Computing)
- Typical entry requirements: AAA
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- 32 (Maths HL5, Physics HL5)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21850 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.