By choosing to study Product Design Engineering (Hons) degree offered by the Loughborough University you will understand aesthetic and ergonomic design principles, industrial design, product development, linked with a strong emphasis on understanding the manufacturing processes needed for your products, and the underpinning engineering science that will tell you how it all works.
The course gives you the benefit of professional engineering and/or professional design career routes, and will allow you to develop products in companies across many different industrial sectors, or start your own company and develop your own product ranges.
Upon successful completion, you will have acquired a good understanding of the design, analytical and manufacturing skills necessary to effectively develop new products. The courses provide an excellent foundation for graduates wishing to progress to professional designer or professional engineering status.
Your future career
- The UK has a wealth of engineering and technology companies, ranging from small and medium-sized enterprises to multinational global corporations.
- Our courses are industry led and are designed to give you the skills and knowledge required to have a successful career upon completion.
- Recent graduate destinations include Bosch, Coca-cola Enterprises, Cooper Industries, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Schlumberger Russia, Semcon, Siemens and Triumph Motorcycles, in roles such as a Graduate Engineer or a Design Engineer.
Our BEng Product Design Engineering degree is fully accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), all licensed by the UK Engineering Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electronics & Electrical Technology 1
- Mathematics for Manufacturing Engineering
- Engineering Science 1
- Product Design (Ergonomics and Visualisation)
- Integrating Studies
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Industrial Design Design View 166 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level: ABB including Maths and either Design and Technology, Engineering or Physics
- IB: 34 (6,5,5 HL) including HL Maths and either Design Technology or Physics at HL
- BTEC: BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*DD in a relevant subject plus A Level Maths at grade B. Grade Distinction in BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Engineering plus Grades AB from two A Levels. Grades Distinction Distinction in BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Engineering plus grades BB from 2 A Levels.
A Level subjects: All offers include Maths and either Design and Technology, Engineering or Physics.
Other: Practical Science requiered
We accept a wide range of international qualifications such as the European Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, German Abitur, Hong Kong DSE, and Indian Standard XII among many others worldwide, alongside well-established International Foundation Programmes. For further information about acceptable qualifications visit our international webpages for more information.
International24650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.