The Mathematics with Economics (Hons) degree offered by the Loughborough University is a great choice for those who want to build a career in commerce, industry or government. By giving you a solid grounding in mathematics together with an understanding of economics, our Mathematics with Economics degree will prepare you for careers in such areas as finance, business forecasting and economic model building.
Economics relates to every aspect of our lives, from the decisions we make as individuals to the policies adopted by governments and the products and services offered by companies. By combining the study of mathematics with economics, you will be equipped with the tools to not only understand global challenges, but to also provide solutions.
No previous knowledge of economics is necessary as the first two years provide a comprehensive introduction to theory and policy in both macroeconomics and microeconomics.
Your future career
- This course prepares graduates for careers in areas such as finance and accountancy, business forecasting and economic model building.
- The numerical abilities, problem-solving skills and facilities for logic and reasoning acquired throughout the study of Mathematics with Economics are applicable in a wide variety of contexts in a wide variety of organisations across sectors. Our graduates have gone on to pursue rewarding careers as auditors, actuaries, risk analysts and chartered accountants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis 1
- Linear Algebra 1
- Mathematical Methods 1
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics View 817 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level: AAA including Maths
- IB: 37 (6,6,6 HL) including HL Maths
- BTEC: BTEC Level 3 National Diploma: D*D plus A Level Maths at grade A, or BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate D* plus AA in 2 A Levels to include Maths
- We accept a wide range of international qualifications such as the European Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, German Abitur, Hong Kong DSE, and Indian Standard XII among many others worldwide, alongside well-established International Foundation Programmes. For further information about acceptable qualifications visit our international webpages for more information.
International19750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.