- You will learn to think critically and independently about key issues in politics and develop a range of skills to support your intellectual, vocational and personal development.
- Given the interdisciplinary nature of the department, you will also have many opportunities to explore the interplay between politics and economics.
- In your first year, you’ll learn about the core concepts and issues in politics and about the statistical techniques we employ. Your second and third years will feature a wide range of options, plus some further required modules, depending on whether you choose the Politics BA or BSc degree. You’ll consider how you could investigate the important problems we face in politics, and produce your own proposal for a piece of research. Building on these skills, you will conduct and write up your own piece of original research on a subject of your choice for your third-year dissertation.
Your Politics BA/BSc will equip you for a wide-range of career options in business, government and policy, the public sector, charity and social enterprise. Through your course, you will acquire skills and knowledge that are recognised and valued by employers in policy development, governmental roles and communications, amongst many others.
The Politics programme is offered at King's College London.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Politics Research
- World Politics Since 1945
- Comparing Political Systems
- Introduction to Political Theory
- Statistics for Political Science
- Research Methods for Politics
- Game Theory & Strategic Decision-Making
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 460 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required grades
A*AAPlease note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.