Students interested in our performance pathway will benefit from our partnership with the Royal Academy of Music, while those interested in composition will enjoy our central location, which provides opportunities to explore London’s rich contemporary music scene.
The Music course offered at King's College London introduces all students to a broad range of theoretical and historical approaches to music, and will develop essential skills in critical thinking, expression and research.
- One of the most versatile and lively music departments in the UK.
- Strong links with the Royal Academy of Music, the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the University of Hong Kong.
- This degree offers you the opportunity to choose the types of modules that suit your interests.
- Central location offers access to London’s rich music scene, alongside many libraries and cultural institutes.
- Be part of an international group of students.
- Choral and organ scholarships are available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues and Topics in Music
- Optional Modules
- Techniques of Composition
- Musical Analysis
- Musical Performance
- Aural Training
- Composition Studies
- Love Song: The Troubadours and their Legacy
- Music in British Film
- Global Popular Music
- Post-war Jazz
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 377 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.