The History BA at King's College London will help you explore topics covered at school as well as many that aren’t, such as the history of Contemporary Africa or friendship in Medieval Europe. Our range of modules ensures that you can choose a programme of study to match your interests whilst studying in the heart of London. History at King’s has a world-class reputation, offering graduates excellent career prospects.
- Students have the option to study abroad at one of our partner institutions for the second semester of the second year. Current options include University of Sydney, Hong Kong University, University of Auckland and Toronto University.
- Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
- A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
- Most teaching takes place in small seminar groups providing the opportunity for students to hone their discussion and presentation skills.
- Studying in a central London location, you will have easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Academic Historian
- Dealers’ Assistant, Bonhams
- Research Analyst, Ministry of Defence
- Junior Accounts Executive, Chelgate
- Project Assistant, Heron Evidence Development
- Trusts & Statutory Fundraiser, Crisis UK
- Support Worker, Sense
- Departmental Runner, BBC
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Historical Skills, Sources & Approaches
- The Making of Britain 400-1400
- Medieval Europe 400-1500
- Early Modern Britain 1500-1750
- Power, Belief and Culture in Europe 1500-1800
- Europe from 1793 to 1991
- Politics and Society in Britain, 1780-1945
- The Worlds of the British Empire, c1730-1960
- World History 1870s - 2000s
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 835 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.