The Geography BA course at King's College London offers an exciting course of study covering Development, the Environment, Urban and Cultural Geography, Geocomputation and Spatial Analysis as well as interactions with Physical Geography.
You will gain advanced analytical and technical skills that can be applied to understanding a range of real world issues through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials together with workshops, laboratory sessions and international field trips. You will be taught by leading experts and have the opportunity to use London as your laboratory.
- Hear from some of our students about why they chose to study Geography at King's.
- Fieldwork is central to the King's experience. We currently visit Spain in the first year, and China, India, Morocco, and the US in the second year.
- You will have the flexibility to choose to focus on human geography, or to combine it with aspects of physical geography, with the option to switch between the BA and BSc in your first year.
- Our central London location on the River Thames and a stone’s throw from Parliament provides opportunities for fieldwork, engagement with policy-makers, as well as easy access to a wide range of facilities, experiences and job opportunities.
- Successful graduates are engaged in a range of different sectors, including the financial services industry, non-governmental organisations and corporate social responsibility.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Account executive, Mind Share
- Analyst, GPM Trading Ltd
- Company director, a garden equipment company
- Executive risk assessor, a risk management company
- Marketing internship, Jimmy Choo
- Management Training Programme Network Rail
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Changing Natural Environment
- Geographical Foundations: the making of the modern world
- Geographical Foundations II: challenges of the modern world
- Principles of Geographical Inquiry
- Geography in Action
- Geography Tutorials: Critical Thinking & Techniques
- Field Research in Human & Development Geography
- BA Geography Research Tutorials
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography View 314 other Masters in Geography in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.