The European Studies (French Pathway) with a Year Abroad BA at King's College London is split between European Studies modules and French-specific modules. You will study a range of modules that cover European politics, political economy, political thought, contemporary history, culture, economics and law, and then focus on French politics, history, language and contemporary culture.
- The department is a founding member of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, which regularly hosts high-profile scholars and practitioners at King's.
- Taught by research-active, multi-national team of academics with the opportunity to specialise in particular fields or politics, government and nation.
- Your third year will be spent studying abroad providing you with excellent opportunities to engage in French culture and society.
- Opportunities to take part in a broad range of extra-curricular events, from lectures by visiting speakers to the student-organised annual ‘European Week’ where you will debate contemporary issues.
- You will develop analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, opening up career opportunities in politics, diplomacy, administrations, business and journalism.
- Enjoy an unrivalled range of contacts with cultural institutes, libraries, international firms and government agencies.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Trade Policy Analyst, Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development
- Communications Consultant, Kreab Gavin Anderson
- Event Coordinator, Reed Exhibitions
- Journalism/Writing Intern, New York Times
- Internship with Orange in Brussels
- Internship with the French Embassy in Jordan
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core French Language
- The Making of Modern Europe
- Revolution & Reaction in Modern France: an introduction to modern French History
- French Political Thought
- The Integration of the European Union
- The French Civil War, 1934-1970 (Department of History) subject to availability
- Modern French History
- French Language
- The Stylistics of Translation (subject to convenor approval)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Languages View 460 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.