The English Law and German Law programme at King's College London is equally suitable as a platform for students who want to practice in the UK but wish to obtain an in-depth knowledge of German law or those who intend to practice in Germany, or both.
- Recognised globally as one of the UK's premier law schools.
- Teaching by internationally respected, leading academics, visiting lecturers and practitioners from global law firms.
- Unrivalled location for law, based in Somerset House East Wing on the Strand, with the Royal Courts of Justice, Law Society and Inns of Court all on your doorstep.
- Consistently high student satisfaction ratings in the National Student Survey.
- Excellent legal research resources at the College’s impressive Maughan Library.
- A thriving Professional Skills portfolio including professional skills modules, a legal clinic, and mooting programme.
- A dedicated careers team who provide tailored guidance on how to access the legal profession.
- Active student-run societies organising social and career-oriented functions.
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as a:
- Civil Servant
- United Nations Official
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Advisor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Legal Reasoning and Legal Services (non-credit bearing)
- German Public Law - classes and examinations are conducted in German
- German Civil Law
- German Criminal Law
- Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Civil & Private Law View 83 other Masters in European Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Required subjects
German (as an academic subject).
Additionally, applicants who have not been taught and examined in German throughout their secondary schooling (i.e. Abitur) must complete the TestDaF. The minimum level required is TestDaF level 4 (TDN4) in all 4 components.
International23550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23550 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.