The first two years of the Computer Science BSc programme at King's College London focus on programming, computer systems, databases, software engineering and logic. The third year includes a project implementing a sophisticated piece of software.
- Reputation for good teaching in a friendly environment.
- 92 per cent of research outputs ranked as world leading or internationally excellent – confirming the department’s position as a world-class institution for research in Computer Science.
- King’s has excellent facilities for the sole use of the department.
- This programme is accredited by the British Computer Society – the Chartered Institute for IT. This certifies that our programme equips students with the foundations enabling a career in computing or information systems.
- Graduates go on to successful careers in a range of organisations including banking, finance, management and major software houses.
Career prospectsThe Careers Service and the Department of Informatics run a careers programme for Informatics students, which includes skills sessions and visits from top employers. Our graduates go on to successful careers in a wide range of organisations including banking, finance, management, and the major software houses, where they work mainly on analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of software applications and systems. Alternatively, many of our graduates choose further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming Practice and Applications
- Computer Systems
- Foundations of Computing
- Data Structures
- Database Systems
- Software Engineering Group Project (30 credits) or Robotics Group Project
- Practical Experiences of Programming
- Operating Systems and Concurrency
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 845 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.
- At least one of Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Computer Science or Computing
- Plus GCSE Mathematics at grade 6/B (or equivalent)
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.