The Ancient History BA degree at King's College London also covers a vast geographical area, from Roman Britain to the Black Sea, Persia, Egypt and North Africa. While you will focus on the historical modules, you will also have the opportunity to learn Latin and/ or Greek and explore study areas in literature, art and philosophy.
- One of the largest Classics departments in the UK, with unique coverage from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece.
- Top five Classics departments in the UK, renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research (QS World Rankings 2018).
- Central location offers collaborations with the British Museum and other cultural institutions, which are incorporated into our teaching.
- Our course combines focus and flexibility, allowing students to pursue their interests.
- You will acquire analytical and presentational skills valued by employers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
- The possibility to transfer to the Classics (Greek & Latin) BA in Year 2, provided that in Year 1 you took Greek & Latin Literature: An Introduction (30 credits) and a Greek or Latin language module (30 credits).
Career prospectsOur graduates go on to work in a range of professions, including law, banking, the civil service, information technology, librarianship, education, heritage industries, the media, journalism and the performing arts; while others choose to stay and pursue postgraduate qualifications at King’s.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Ancient History (c. 1200 BC-AD 600)
- Art & Archaeology of Greece & Rome
- Introduction to Ancient Philosophy
- Greek & Latin Literature: An Introduction
- Greek Language
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 835 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.
Access to HE Diploma (for example, in Humanities) with 45 Level 3 credits: 33 must be from units awarded at Distinction, with the remaining Level 3 credits at Merit.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.