This Computer Science (Hons) degree at the University of Nottingham introduces to programming languages such as C, Java and Haskell. We don't expect you to have programmed before so you don't need to worry if you have no experience.
Our graduates are developing the future of computer science. From start-ups to international companies, they are working in roles such as:
- App Developer
- Data Analyst
- Software Developer
- Financial Consultant
If research is something that interests you then you could continue studying for a masters or PhD.
This degree has been accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) and exemption is granted from Parts 1 and 2 of the BCS examination.
- Mathematics for Computer Scientists
- Systems and Architecture
- Programming and Algorithms
- Computer Fundamentals
- Database and Interfaces
- Programming Paradigms
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 116 other Bachelors in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level offer: AAA (AAB if you have an A in computer science/computing)
- IB score 36 with 5 in maths at Standard/Higher Level or GCSE maths, 5 (B) or above. 34 with 6 in computer science at Higher Level, and 5 in maths at Standard/Higher Level or GCSE maths, 5 (B) or above
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.