Civil engineers are creative problem solvers who tackle some of the world's biggest challenges.
From the world's tallest buildings to resilient water supplies in developing countries, civil engineers work on the design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure.
This puts them in a prime position to shape the world around us, and protect and enhance our environment through the sustainable use of resources.
Where can it take me?
This Civil Engineering (with Foundation Year) (Hons) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is your first step on the path to becoming an professional engineer. By completing a programme of accredited further learning, you could also become a Chartered Engineer.
Careers / Further study
Careers are varied, with opportunities both in the UK and overseas. Work in areas like structural design, water, power, road or railway infrastructure engineering, business planning and cost forecasting.
With the relevant work experience, you could become an Incorporated Engineer. By completing a programme of accredited further learning, you could also become a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Analysis
- Design of Structural Elements
- Soil Mechanics
- Hydraulics and Engineering Applications
- Applications of Mathematics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Project and Risk Management
- Engineering Geology Design Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 101 other Bachelors in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 80
- GCSE: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: No specific subjects required.
- T Levels: No specific subjects required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.