Learn how the media sector is evolving through an examination of issues such as diversity, the influence of social networking data, ownership and privacy, and automated media and the digital economy.You’ll also benefit from Swinburne’s partnership with Adobe which gives you free access to, and coaching in, the Adobe Creative Cloud while studying.This flexible degree will help prepare you for a career you’ll be passionate about. Select a major from ten options, and then tailor your degree to suit your interests with a second major or co-major and a wide range of minors or electives.
Course learning outcomes
- develop knowledge, conceptual understanding, technical skills and expertise in the broad field of media and communication
- formulate arguments that draw on and critique the differences between relevant theories and evidence as they pertain to the field of media and communication
- exercise initiative and judgment in planning, problem-solving and decision-making in professional practice and/or scholarship, individually and in collaboration with others
- critically apply creativity and problem-solving in relation to a range of media and communication activities and processes.
- recognise and reflect on social, cultural, legal and ethical issues relating to media and communication industries in local and international contexts
- apply a broad understanding of an audience through interpreting and communicating ideas, problems and arguments in a range of media and communication contexts and formats, using the English language
- reflect critically on their performance and/or scholarship and use this to improve their own creative and productive outcomes
- critically evaluate and apply research methodology relevant to the field of media and communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- News Writing
- Journalism Features
- Reporting Public Forums
- Broadcast News Reporting
- Media Law and Ethics
- Investigative Journalism
- Video Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 62 other Bachelors in Journalism in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 088390J
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33920 AUD per year during 36 months.
National14630 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14630 AUD per year during 36 months.
National fee is Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.