Psychology focuses on the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes. Athabasca University’s online Psychology program is designed to develop or expand your knowledge of this field.
The courses will provide you with a grounding in the concepts central to psychology as a science and has courses in applied areas.
As a result of completing this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories, concepts, and key findings in psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of research methods and their uses in psychological research.
- Discuss issues and procedures involved with the ethical conduct of research and in the practice of psychology.
- Communicate information, arguments, and analyses clearly and accurately.
- Find and evaluate information both online and in traditional resources (e.g., articles, books).
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate and critique psychological theories and research findings.
- Apply knowledge in psychology and related skills to everyday issues and situations.
- Group Home Co-ordinator
- Behavioural Therapist
- Crisis Intervention Counsellor
- Mental Health Worker
- Family Service Worker
- Rehabilitation Advisor
- Residential Youth Counsellor
- Addictions Counsellor
- Employment Counsellor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Self-Directed Behaviour
- Educational Psychology
- Learning and Instruction
- Introduction to Exceptional Children
- Learning with Technology
- Introduction to Career Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology Organisational Behaviour View 9 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
- There are no formal admission requirements for either the 3-year or the 4-year program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International18402 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73610 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National7132 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28530 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.