The Bachelor of Arts strengthens critical and creative thinking through a broad range of social, political and cultural studies.
Political Science is the study of power, authority and governance in human affairs. In today’s world, these areas are rapidly changing and becoming more complex, with a range of public, private and non-governmental institutions involved in governing and steering society.
Athabasca University’s Political Science program will help you better understand:
- the nature and sources of power and authority
- the impact of globalization on society and government
- how decisions are made within your own and other societies
- how current events fit into broader institutional, political and social contexts
- elected official
- campaign manager or pollster
- public servant
- local government administrator
- policy analyst
- research specialist
- public relations specialist
- Introduction to Political Science: Concepts, Structures, and Institutions
- Introduction to Political Science: Political Processes and Political Behaviour
- Media and Power in Canadian Society
- Political Ideologies
- Canadian Government and Politics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Undergraduate courses start the first day of each month, but you must register and pay your fees by the 10th of the previous month to begin on the first.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 5 other Bachelors in Environmental Economics & Policy in Canada
- There are no formal admission requirements for either the 3-year or the 4-year program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International19802 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 79210 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National7982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31930 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.