Athabasca University’s Bachelor of Professional Arts in Governance, Law and Management is designed for recent diploma graduates and mid-career professionals who want to pursue careers in the public, voluntary or non-profit sectors. This interdisciplinary program will give you an understanding of:
- the social forces and environment that shape modern governance
- legal institutions and the differences in power among groups in society
- the skills needed to take on leadership roles in public sector organizations
A variety of courses in each focus area means you can create a relevant degree that meets your professional needs. As Justice is an elective stream, the BPA-GLM is also a good choice if you want to apply to law school after graduation.
- Government or Not-for-Profit Manager
- Policy Development
- Customs Officer
- Policy Researcher
- Recruitment Officer
- Foreign Service Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting for Managers and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to management
- The Changing Global Economy
- Administrative Law
- Canada and the Global Political Economy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Law Political Science View 4 other Masters in Public Law in Canada
- The BPA is designed for students who have completed an approved 2-year diploma or equivalent from an accredited college or institute of technology.
- If you don’t have a diploma, you may want to consider our University Certificate in Public Administration. A combination of the certificate (or other post-secondary education) and related work experience may give you entrance to the BPA program (see transfer and advanced credit, below).
- You will be considered a pre-program student until your admission requirements are confirmed. You can still take courses during this time.
International36805 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73610 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National14265 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28530 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.