In the Top-up Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) from The Open University UK , you'll develop your knowledge and skills to a higher level and open up further career or educational opportunities. Your study choices include structural integrity, micro and nano technology, design, electronics, environmental management, renewable energy, and mathematics. You’ll also complete an individual engineering project.
Key features of the course
- Provides progression from vocational qualifications to an honours degree
- Accredited by several of the leading engineering institutions
- Offers a choice of modules to fit with your previous study
- Develops your analytical skills which are key to the successful study of engineering
- Prepares you for further engineering study at postgraduate level
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Innovation designing for change
- Communications technology
- Deterministic and stochastic dynamics
- Electronics: signal processing, control and communications
- Engineering small worlds: micro and nano technologies
- Environmental management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 78 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must have passed one of the following OU qualifications within the last eight years:
- Foundation Degree in Engineering (X11)
- Diploma of Higher Education in Engineering (W11)
- Foundation Degree in Materials Fabrication and Engineering (X12)
- Diploma of Higher Education in Materials Fabrication and Engineering (W12)
Alternatively, you must have a qualification from somewhere else that meets the following criteria:
- in engineering or a closely related subject
- equates to a total of 240 credits, 120 of which are at FHEQ level 5 or SCQF level 8 (e.g. DipHE, HND or foundation degree)
- passed within the last 8 years
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.