You will explore Egyptian art and architecture, ancient Egyptian history and civilisation, archaeology, religion, sex and gender, Ancient and Middle Egypt; Greek and Roman history and society; warfare and empire; and learn a Greek, Latin or Egyptian language.
The Egyptology and Ancient History (Hons) programme at Swansea University is ranked number one in the UK for student satisfaction and you will have the option of spending a semester abroad during the second year in either the USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong or Singapore to enhance your student experience and career prospects.
Students on this course typically develop excellent oral and writing skills and you will learn to present your ideas in a range of formats, along with strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our graduates enter careers in a wide range of sectors including:
- Museum and heritage
- Media and public relations
- Public services
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our interdisciplinary approach means you can make connections with a range of subject areas – from music to politics.
- Teaching is informed by our world-leading research and you can attend seminars organised through our guest speaker programme.
- You can enhance your knowledge and career prospects and take the Egyptian Collection Practicum module, a four-week session providing practical experience for students on site and have the option of studying a Dissertation or a Museum project at the University’s Egypt Centre.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 208 other Masters in Ancient History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement.
- We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.