The growing changes affecting the natural environment, and the increasing role of environmental policies affecting businesses and organisations are creating new and challenging career opportunities for those familiar with issues of sustainable development, planning and environmental protection and management.
Students of the Environmental Management programme at Queen's University Belfast will be enabled to understand; issues of sustainable development, conservation and environmental protection and management, the integrated and holistic nature of environmental management and how to devise, manage and critically evaluate project work.
Careers are diverse, not only in the rural and land use industries and government services, but also in private sector industries, financial institutions and agribusiness concerns of various kinds.
Graduates will have a knowledge of the natural environment, be able to demonstrate familiarity with sustainable development, conservation and environmental protection issues, as well as an understanding of the integrated and holistic nature of land use and environmental management.
Possible careers include environmental management (private and public sectors) and include consultancy and environmental impact assessment with environmental organisations (eg RSPB, WWF). Graduates can become Chartered Surveyors. Opportunities also exist within the full range of occupations associated with graduate employment.
Employment after the Course
Students who graduate from the Environmental Management programmes have primarily embraced careers in the following areas: environmental management; environmental consultancy; environmental conservation; environmental surveying.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in Urban and Rural Planning
- Dynamic Earth
- Environmental Change: Past, Present and Future
- Environmental Management
- Planning, Health and Well Being
- Processes and Principles of Physical Geography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 26 January - the 'equal consideration' deadline for this course.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 346 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- BBB including at least two from Biology, Economics and Geography + GCSE Mathematics grade C
- ABB + GCSE Mathematics grade C.
- Note: certain modules will require GCSE Mathematics grade B.
- H3H3H3H3H4H4/H3H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in at least two from Biology, Economics and Geography + if not offered at Higher Level then Ordinary Level grade O4 in Mathematics
- H3H3H3H3H3H3/H2H3H3H3H3 + if not offered at Higher Level then Ordinary Level grade O4 in Mathematics.
- Certain modules will require Ordinary Level grade O3 in Mathematics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,530
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,530
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £21,400
- International £21,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.