Due to Coronavirus pandemic, HAMK has made it possible for new students to start their studies in the autumn as online studies from their home countries and arrive to Finland for on campus studies in January 2021. In addition, it is possible to pay the tuition fee in three installments.
Steel Constructions studies include lots of mechanics, mathematics, technical drawings and CAD. Understanding of the structures, and 3-D visualization skills will develop during the studies. A degree completed in English provides construction engineers with good language skills and international know-how, making it possible to work anywhere in the world.
CareerThe tasks of Construction Engineering graduates at Häme University of Applied Sciences may be related to the construction of new premises and to the repair of existing structures in engineering or project management in Finland and abroad. Daily tasks may involve design, product development, supervision in an official capacity, or trading. Construction professionals constantly monitor developments in the sector, they are familiar with the latest design and production techniques and can manage modern management techniques, and they are capable of applying them to practical situations at work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structural mechanics
- Concrete construction and technology
- Concrete structure engineering
- Steel structure engineering
- Timber structure engineering
- Construction physics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You can apply to a Bachelor’s degree programme at a university of applied sciences when you have completed:
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the Matriculation Examination
- International Baccalaureate, German Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- a Finnish upper secondary vocational qualification (120 credit units) or an equivalent previous vocational qualification with a minimum scope of 80 credit units
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma
- further vocational qualification or specialist vocational qualification or an equivalent previous qualification
- foreign education that provides eligibility to apply for higher education in the country in question.
International9700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hämeenlinna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.