About this Computer Systems Technology Degree at Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Computer systems technologists solve computer-related issues for businesses, government agencies, utilities, law enforcement agencies, health services providers, educational institutions and more. It’s a career that demands a unique blend of skills—computer literacy, technical know-how and communications savvy—but also lets you specialize in areas that interest you the most, including programming, software design, mobile application programming, data communications and web design.
Comprehensive technical training gives you a solid foundation of theory and hands-on lab practice in:
- designing, installing and managing local area networks
- developing computer programs in various programming languages
- developing interactive web pages with multimedia components
- developing proficiency in several common computer application packages
- installing and configuring computer hardware and software
- performing systems analysis and design
- programming apps for mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, etc.)
- providing end-user technical support services
- troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems
You’ll also learn business principles, project management and communication skills—attributes potential employers look for when hiring for IT personnel.
- Data Communications and Networking
- Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Web Site Development
- Workplace Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 241 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12
- Minimum 60% in Foundations of Math 30 or Pre-Calculus 30*
- Minimum 70% in one of the following sciences: Physics 30, Chemistry 30 or Computer Science 30
- Minimum overall average of 65%
- English Language Requirement
*Previous Saskatchewan mathematics requirement also accepted:
- Minimum of 70% in Math B30
International19500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.