Structural Engineering with Architecture is one of a family of Civil Engineering degrees at Queen's University Belfast . Civil Engineering was one of the founding degrees at Queen's, making it one of the oldest in the UK and Ireland. However, it remains one of the most sought-after careers with the potential to solve the challenges facing modern society. The Structural Engineering with Architecture with a year in industry programme is offered at the Queen's University Belfast.
All major building projects require input from structural engineers during both design and construction. These engineers complement the expertise of the architect and, with their broad knowledge of structures, materials and services, graduates from the Structural Engineering with Architecture degree course are ideally suited to this role. They may also expect to find employment in the expanding area of building management, maintenance and refurbishment. Our engineering graduates are also to be found in many other areas of employment where the skills and discipline of evaluating facts, decision making and management have provided them with the basis for rewarding and interesting careers.
Studying for a civil engineering degree at Queen’s will assist you in developing the core skills and employment-related experiences that are valued by employers, professional organisations and academic institutions. Graduates from this degree at Queen’s are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline, including Civil Engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This degree is designed to provide students with a good basis for a professional career as a chartered Structural Engineer working with architects and environmental planning. Emphasis is placed on the practical application of theory through design and laboratory work.
- The degrees contain an element of choice, but all students are required to take courses which will equip them with the technical, management and professional skills needed for a career in structural engineering. The university study is complemented by a year in industry.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- AAA including Mathematics and at least one from Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Digital Technology, Environmental Technology, Geography, ICT (not Applied ICT), Physics, Software Systems Development or Technology and Design.
- H2H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H2 in Mathematics and a Science subject (see list under A-level list requirements)
- 36 points overall, including 6,6,6 at Higher Level, including Mathematics and a Science subject (see list under A-level requirements).
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours Degree, provided any subject requirement is also met.
- Not considered. Applicants should apply for the BEng Civil Engineering degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 60 months.
National4630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4630 GBP per year during 60 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,630
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,630
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £22,000
- International £22,000
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.