You acquire knowledge and understanding of the inter-relationship between texts and contexts, a familiarity with debates surrounding culture and identity, both individual and communal, and skills in synthesising and developing ideas and arguments from diverse literary and other contemporary sources.
By studying Anthropology and Spanish at the Queen's University Belfast , students can also analyse a wide variety of literary, political, social, cultural and linguistic aspects of Spanish-speaking countries across the globe. All students follow modules in Spanish language which are of a broadly communicative nature, focusing on contemporary Spanish/Hispanic social and cultural issues and drawing on authentic materials. The degree takes four years to complete (which includes the study abroad year in a Spanish speaking country, during which students can complete anthropological fieldwork).
- Studying for a degree in Anthropology and Spanish at Queen’s will assist students in developing the core skills and employment-related experiences that are valued by employers, professional organisations and academic institutions. Graduates from this degree at Queen’s are well regarded by many employers (local, national and international) and over half of all graduate jobs are now open to graduates of any discipline.
- The First Destination Survey showed that none of our language graduates were unemployed six months after graduating in 2010. A Higher Education Funding Council report for 2008 also showed that 3.5 years after graduation, languages students have the fourth highest mean salary (after graduates in Medicine, Pharmacy and Architecture).
- Although the majority of our graduates are interested in pursuing careers in law, business, banking and translation, significant numbers develop careers in a wide range of other sectors. Typical careers pursued by graduates in Spanish can include publishing, education/teaching, translation/interpreting, PR, fast stream Civil Service, and banking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Why Are Humans Violent?
- Understanding Violence, Conflict, and Trauma
- Human Morality
- Radical Musics: Understanding Sounds of Defiance across Disciplines
- The History and Anthropology of the End of the World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnthropology Ethnic Studies Languages View 181 other Bachelors in Anthropology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A level requirements
- Post A-level Spanish
- ABB including A-level Spanish.
- Note: for applicants who have not studied A-level Spanish then AS-level Spanish grade B would be acceptable in lieu of A-level Spanish.
- Beginners Spanish
- ABB + GCSE Spanish grade B or evidence of linguistic ability in another language.
- Note: the Beginners' option is not available to those who have studied A-level or AS-level Spanish.
- H3H3H3H3H3H3/H2H3H3H3H3 including Higher Level grade H3 in Spanish
- 33 points overall, including 6(Spanish),5,5 at Higher Level
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours Degree, provided any subject requirement is also met
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17900 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4630 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4,630
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4,630
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) £9,250
- EU Other £17,900
- International £17,900
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.