In this Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-up) (Hons) degree course offered at University of Portsmouth you'll build on your previous studies, developing analytical, technical and commercial skills that are sought-after in business.
You'll build on your previous studies, developing analytical, technical and commercial skills that are sought-after in business. You'll develop your English language ability alongside other international students and emerge with the qualities you need for roles in areas such as accounting, financial analysis and stockbroking.
What you'll experience
- Be taught by professionally qualified staff who have industry experience and expert academic researchers
- Tailor your studies to focus on the aspects of accountancy and finance management that interest you most and match your career ambitions
- Be exempt from professional body accounting examinations (for example, ACCA) when you complete certain units successfully
- Use the University’s Bloomberg terminals to monitor and analyse real-time financial market data
- Apply the concepts and skills you learn to real scenarios
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course if you're eligible to work in the UK.
We can help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that will complement your studies and build your CV.
Teaching methods on this course include:
- practical sessions
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- analysis of topical case studies
- written reports
- self-led project or dissertation
- group work
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
You could work in an accounting firm or larger company to complete your accountancy training, use your expertise within the financial sector or branch out into a more general management position.
What jobs can you do with an Accountancy and Financial Management degree?
Previous students have gone on roles such as:
- management accountant
- financial analyst
- management consultant
- finance manager
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Advanced Global Financial Management
- Options to choose from in this year currently include:
- Financial Investment Project
- International Accounting Project
- Independent Study Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 729 other Bachelors in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Only those who have previously studied at higher education level should apply. 120 first year HE credits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.