Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The Chancellor's Global Academic Merit Scholarship is open to international or EU students.
This scholarship will take the form of a £3,000 fee reduction that will apply to your first year of study.
- If you're studying an undergraduate course, you must be a self-funded student on a full-time, on campus, course with annual fees of £17,200 or above for January entry.
- If you're studying on a postgraduate research or postgraduate taught course, you must be a self-funded student on a full-time, on campus, course with annual fees of £17,200 or above for January entry.
- The scholarship is not available for students who have previously studied other courses at the University of Portsmouth, who will instead be allocated the alumni discount, provided they have successfully completed an eligible qualification.
- The scholarship is not available for ICP (International College Portsmouth) students.
- Only applicants who have been assessed as overseas students for tuition fee purposes can access this scholarship.
Study experience required
To be considered, applicants will need to complete the form as part of their application, again before 20 October (for January entry).
Applications will then be considered by the University's scholarship panel and the successful candidates will be contacted by email to confirm their status.