The main purpose of the Sustainable Building Engineering program of the Sapienza University of Rome will be to update traditional, worldwide appreciated, Italian civil and architectural engineering skills, embracing greater sensitivity to environmental protection with a marked emphasis on sustainable development. In light of the above, this degree is dedicated to students from abroad, especially those where Italian building and environmental engineering consultants or companies have designed and built major private and public buildings.
To achieve this target, the Degree must ensure the acquisition of high scientific and technological contents, and provide the ability to design, plan and manage solutions for numerous and complex situations in terms of sustainable architecture, built environment sustainability, through the application of the following principles:
- Lowering the energy demand and consumption of existing and new buildings
- Taking advantage of climate and natural resources to develop passive design strategies and sustainable architecture
- Reusing or recycling building components and materials
- Extending the lifetime of products and buildings
- Risk-free returning materials to the natural cycle
- Adopting a sustainable use of the environment and a participatory planning and design
- Reducing urban sprawl, promoting urban renewal and protecting natural areas
This degree is especially dedicated to form professionals that are ready to take on different projects either locally or at an international scale. At the design phase, a sustainable building engineer is ready to develop and control sustainable design strategies in architecture and urban planning; during the construction process, he/she is able to use sustainable and recycled materials, minimize waste flows and avoid damage to the urban surround or to the natural environment. As a facility manager, he/she knows how to reduce the energy demand, alternatively use other natural resources, and propose fitting solutions using a sustainable approach.
This program also provides students with the scientific knowledge needed to obtain an appropriate technical and operational training in the fields of Architectural and Environmental Engineering, whose major target is the organization, protection and modification of the built environment and territory, for settlement purposes.
- Materials Technology for Sustainable Construction with Applied Chemistry Elements
- Environment and Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Valid identity card or passport;
- Study Visa for “University enrolment” (only for non-EU citizens residing abroad);
- Receipt of your residence permit request (only for non-Eu citizens residing abroad who require a study Visa);
- Residence permit card (only for Non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy). If you are renewing your residence permit card, you will need a copy of your expired permit together with the Post office receipt of your renewal application;
- High School Diploma (obtained after at least 12 years of studies) offically translated into Italian, or English, and accompanied by the Statement of Verification and the Statement of Comparability issued by CIMEA.
International2821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2821 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2821 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2821 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.