In concept art you will be helped to master a range of industry-focused tools and techniques for developing pre-production, production and post-production art for the film and video game industries. In comic art you will develop a practical understanding of idea generation, visual storytelling and visual communication.
These two themes mean you will access a wide range of creative possibilities and opportunities. They are underpinned by contextual studies to inform and enhance your practice through an exploration of the historical, cultural and social contexts of the wider world of print and web-based comic arts, graphic novels and visual communication.
The Concept and Comic Art (Hons) BA course offered at De Montfort University features regular guest lectures and workshops, giving you an opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to design successful content. Our studio culture encourages peer collaboration and networking with industry professionals to support you as you create your portfolio.
We expect graduates of this course to work as 3D artists, visualisation and VR artists, environment artists, character artists, concept artists, technical artists, team leads, studio managers, producers and directors.
- Tools, Techniques and Processes
- Contextual Studies
- Studio Practice
- Studio Practice: Personal Exploration
- Studio Practice: Professional Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Liberal Arts View 649 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 120 UCAS points from at least two A-levels with Art and Design at grade B or above, or
- Art and Design BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DDM
- Pass in the QAA accredited Access to HE Art and Design course with at least 15 level-3 credits in Art and Design at Distinction. English GCSE required as a separate qualification
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma: Pass
- International Baccalaureate: 30+ points including Art and Design at higher level grade 6
- Portfolio: You will also need a good portfolio according to the course guidelines.
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement
- A copy of your passport
- One reference
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU: £9,250 with the EU undergraduate transitional scholarship (T&Cs apply)
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.