The aims of the Building Surveying with Foundation Year (Hons) programme from University of Wolverhampton are:
- to enable you to gain the essential skills of Building Surveying focussing on design and technology, economics and law and the specific applications to refurbishment and property management.
- to develop skills including team working, giving presentations, report writing, drawing and project understanding.
- to advance your understanding of other construction professions by multi-disciplinary group projects concentrating on communication, delegation and leadership.
- focussing on building design and technology.
- specific applications relating to new build, conversion and adaption of buildings, property management and conservation of historic buildings and assets.
- will also help you to identify architectural styles, building defects, their pathology and apply solutions to projects.
Potential Career PathsWe work closely with regional and national companies to identify the relevant professional and technical skills required in these specialist industries.Employment is secured by graduates in a range of organisations both in the UK and overseas.A high number of graduates continue with us on our MSc programme in order to further specialise their Building Surveying skills.
- Construction Technology and Materials
- Construction Procedures and Processes
- Built Environment Economics and Finance
- Construction and Environmental technology
- Facilities Management
- Contract Law and Dispute Resolution
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Environmental Economics & Policy View 86 other Bachelors in Environmental Economics & Policy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCSE English and Maths at grade C+/4 or equivalent.
- 32 UCAS Points
- EE from A Levels
- BTEC QCF Extended Diploma grade PPP, BTEC QCF Diploma grade PP
- Pass Access to HE Diploma (Full Award)
- Students must have studied a minimum of two years post GCSE level. However, it is expected that some applicants will be mature students with work experience, who wish to further their career development.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Part-time tuition fee:
- Home - £3120 per year
- International - £6725 per year
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.