At a Glance
Geography is the study of the Earth's surface with emphasis on the relationship between people and their environment. It covers elements of natural sciences, social sciences and humanities.
International Relations looks at a diverse range of areas such as Energy Politics, European Integration, Human Rights, International Economy and regional International Relations of Japan, Latin America and the Middle East.
Why Study Geography and International Relations?
- Aberdeen is the perfect place to study Geography. The department ranks highly in student satisfaction surveys and the region's spectacular coastal and mountain areas provide perfect field sites for the study of geography. In the Geography and International Relations programme of the University of Aberdeen we have recently introduced a new Geography curriculum designed to provide students with key skills and knowledge required by employers.
- Many courses in physical geography, including specialist Honours options, draw directly on the staff's own research into hydrology, glaciology, contemporary environmental issues and urban-rural change, and many courses in human geography draw directly on the staff’s own research into transport, digital technologies, contemporary environmental issues and urban-rural change.
- International Relations draws on understanding of politics and how this influences our world and the way in which we interact with moral dilemma and state relationships.
- Global Worlds, Global Challenges
- Politics & International Relations 1: Democracy and Governance
- Global Worlds, Local Challenges
- Politics & International Relations 2: Power and Conflict
- Space, Economy and Society
- Ideas and Ideologies in Politics and International Relations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography International Relations Political Science View 748 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standard: AABB
- Minimum: BBB
- Adjusted: BB
- Standard: BBB
- Minimum: BBC
- Adjusted: CCC
- 32 points, including 5, 5, 5 at HL
Irish Leaving Certificate
- 5H with 3 at H2 AND 2 at H3
English Language Requirements
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- RUK students fee - £9,250 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.