The BSc Politics, Philosophy and Economics at SOAS University of London degree will equip students with the knowledge and skills to pursue a wide range of careers in the public and private sectors at national and international levels, including in public policy, governmental or non-governmental organisations, diplomacy, data management, risk analysis, business and finance.
In the first year students will be introduced to core topics, debates and methods in each of the three disciplines, focusing on Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. A dedicated core module helps to establish relationships between the three disciplines and to develop an applied outlook. The interdisciplinary and regional approach is fostered and pursued in subsequent years, offering increased specialisation within each of the three subjects, as well as the opportunity to study one of the vast range of languages offered at SOAS.
Why study PPE at SOAS?
● An interdisciplinary approach throughout the three years
● Discuss core issues in politics, philosophy and economics from the perspective of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
● Students can choose to study a language in second and third years
● We’re ranked 5th in the UK for Politics (QS World University Rankings 2020)
- Economic Principles (Macro)
- Economic Principles (Micro)
- Metaphysics in Comparative Perspective
- Debates, Methods and Themes in World Philosophies
- Philosophies of Interpretation and Understanding
- Government and politics of the Middle East
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 785 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A LEVELS: AAA
- IB: 37 (6/6/6)
Alternative entry requirements
- BTEC: DDD
- Access to HE: Minimum of 30 Level 3 Credits at Distinction
- Scottish Highers: AAAAA
- Scottish Advanced Highers: AAA
- Irish LC: 360 points from 5 Higher level subjects at grade C1 or above
- Advanced Placement: 4 5 5 (Two semesters - UCAS Group A) plus US HSGD with GPA 3.0
- Euro Bacc: 85%
- French Bacc: 15/20
- German Abitur: 1.5
- Italy DES: 85/100
- Austria Mat: 1.5
- Polish Mat: 80%
International20350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20350 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.