Why choose this course?
- Study at one of the largest engineering schools in the UK
- Benefit from a unique partnership with BRE & industry expertise
- Combines practical problem-based learning with innovative software
- The School has over 50 years' experience of teaching engineering and has established an excellent international reputation
- Students from the School of Engineering and Technology have previously completed work placement years at companies including: BMW (UK) Manufacturing Ltd, Bosch Thermotechnology, and Microsoft
- Recent Engineering graduates have gone on to work at organisations including: Dyson, Ministry of Defence and JCB
What's the course about?
From the world’s tallest buildings and most spectacular bridges, to airports, highways, hospitals, rail networks and flood defences, civil engineers provide the critical infrastructure that makes our world work. By taking the Civil Engineering (Hons) degree from University of Hertfordshire , you will learn to apply the principles of structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulics and hydrology, environmental engineering, materials, surveying and construction. You will also discover the latest techniques and developments, such as low- carbon materials and sustainability. For this degree we have a strategic partnership with the world-renowned BRE to give you access to specialist facilities, projects and lectures. To become professionally recognised as a Chartered Engineer, graduates from the programme will be required to complete approved CEng Further Learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career Skills Development
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Site Surveying and Setting Out
- Principles of Sustainable Design and Construction
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Civil Engineering Structural Analysis
- Dynamic Earth
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Application of Mathematics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 455 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBC-BBB - from 3 A levels only to include A Level Maths. Other A levels may come from a selection of either Engineering or Technology, Science, Design, Computing or Business related subjects. General studies/critical thinking not accepted
- IB requirement 120-128 points from 3 HL subjects at grade 5 or above to include HL Maths and either engineering, technology or environmental subjects
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £1155 per 15 credits
- International: £1750 per 15 credits
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.