Providing people with quality, safe and healthy food daily is one of the most important global challenges that food scientists and technologists are facing today. By studying bachelor’s in Food Science and Technology at KTU, you will gain the interdisciplinary competencies and skills necessary for future food technologist in the fields of food chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, technology and engineering. Also, you will integrate speciality knowledge with the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and economics.
This is one of a few bachelor's study programmes in Lithuania in the field of food technology, and the only one which has been awarded the international EQAS-Food Label quality mark. KTU is the only university in the Baltic States that offers studies on international level accredited with this quality mark.
- Access to food technology labs, which are provided with pilot-scale technological lines used to model and perform various technological processes
- The students gain practical skills while working together with experienced food technologists, being involved in real-life problem solving
- The graduates of this programme are valued by the employers for their unique mix of skills and knowledge in food technologies, food engineering, food chemistry, and microbiology
What will you study?
- Nutrients: structure, properties, functions in food, functions in the human organism, analysis methods
- Micro-organisms: structure, properties, the prevalence in food, biochemical processes
- Technologies: design, organisation, production, ensuring safety and quality, food additives
- Engineering: facilities, processes, systems
AccreditationEQAS-Food Label quality mark
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Technologies
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Cell Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTechnology Management Food Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %),
- maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible,
- minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exams of Mathematics and Chemistry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3426 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3426 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.