- Fieldwork opportunities in the UK or abroad
- Gain insight into the nuts and bolts of scientific approaches, their contexts of application, their strengths and limitations
- Learn how to interpret and critique datasets using both published datasets and those you will produce yourself over the course of your studies
- Exeter is unique in its setting, surrounded by some of the country’s richest archaeological sites. We also have outstanding on-site facilities for practical work and research, including a variety of laboratories, and an extensive reference collection.
Archaeology combines humanities and scientific disciplines, providing good opportunities to develop the skills that are attractive to employers. This Archaeological Science programme at The University of Exeter is designed to develop your skills of analysis, assessment and interpretation, as well as the production of written and oral reports. Teamwork, problem solving, analysis, research, presentation and organisational skills are all developed through a programme that is both practical and theoretical. Your employability skills are also enhanced through a range of careers initiatives we offer that are specific to the profession, including ‘professional modules’ involving work experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Skills in Archaeology
- Archaeological and Forensic Science Practicals
- Themes in World Archaeology
- Essential Archaeological Methods
- Artefacts and Materials
- Forensic Archaeology
- Investigating British Archaeology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Ancient History View 643 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level AAB - BBB B in a Science subject
- IB 34/665 - 30/555 HL5 in a Science subject
- BTEC DDD - DDM Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma are also required to achieve B in a Science subject (GCE AL)
- GCSE C or 4 English Language
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.