As a physiotherapist, you make a real difference to the way people function physically, socially and psychologically, using therapeutic intervention to optimise their abilities. This is achieved through health promotion, preventative healthcare and rehabilitation.
As with all healthcare professionals, the public place high levels of expectations and trust in their physiotherapist. To work in this sector it is essential that you are able to demonstrate the core values embedded within the NHS Constitution:
- working together for patients
- respect and dignity
- commitment to quality of care
- improving lives
- everyone counts.
In the Physiotherapy (Hons) course at Teesside University you learn to apply your knowledge and understanding of contemporary physiotherapy practice, and you gain the skills to be a safe, autonomous and professional practitioner. Core skills underpinning physiotherapy include manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, movement analysis and electrotherapy.
Opportunities are available for employment within the NHS, private sector or charitable trusts – in hospitals, GP surgeries, schools, industry and in the community. You could also consider a career working in clinical research or teaching, in the UK or overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Physiotherapy Practice, including a Foundation Placement
- Physiotherapy Practice
- Functional Anatomy for Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiology for Physiotherapists
- Applied Concepts of Health and Wellbeing
- Dissertation Preparation for Physiotherapy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 471 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are expected to have:
- Level 3 academic study.
- a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English language, maths and science. Key Skills/Functional Skills Level 2 in Communication and Application of Number can be accepted in place of English and maths GCSE. Please note these are not required if you are doing an Access course – however, you must have English and maths as listed below.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.