You’ll gain a thorough grasp of the fundamentals of safety engineering; practical experience in the use of state-of-the-art techniques for the study of safety engineering systems, together with an understanding of the necessary scientific, engineering and technological principles. You will get the chance to work with oil and gas engineering companies, all with the aim of boosting your employability when you graduate.
The Oil and Gas Safety Engineering (Hons) course at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is supported by an Industrial Liaison Group which reviews and provide input into the development of the course in order to ensure that it meets the needs of the oil and gas industry.
Our Industrial partners also contribute to some teaching through guest lecturers, CPD events, and research projects. Invited lectures were done by representatives from Energy Institute, Institution of Fire Engineers, Shell, BP, GexCon, Fire and Rescue Services, Tyco, BRE, Horea Lea, Carbon Trust, Government Office for the North West and others.
After the first recruitment, it is planned to invite Energy Institute (EI) for Engineering Council (EC) accreditation for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Safety and Fire Law
- Energy Transfer and Thermodynamics
- Engineering Design Practice
- Engineering Analysis
- Skills for Fire Studies
- Oil and Gas Engineering Operations
- Reliability Engineering in Complex Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 56 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 96 UCAS Points including Maths/Physics/Chemistry/Environmental Science or Applied Science. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement. General Studies accepted
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Merit, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Diploma: Distinction, Distinction - BTECs to include sufficient Science content.
- International Baccalaureate:Pass Diploma with 96 UCAS points from Higher Level Subjects including relevant Science at HL.
- IELTS: 6.0
- GCSE: English and Maths Grade C/4 or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part-time: £1,540 per 20 credits studied (UK/EU)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.