The School of Nursing is committed to the values and principles of the NHS Constitution and these are integral to our programmes. The approaches to delivery and the content of our programmes aim to foster a culture which embraces the NHS Values of:
- Working together for patients
- Respect and dignity
- Commitment to quality of care
- Improving lives
- Everyone counts.
You will undertake practical work experience placements, as well as spend time developing practical skills in our clinical skills labs using clinical patient simulators (manikins) and simulation model trainers. Clinical setting work placements account for 50% of the clinical practice time for the Nursing with registered Nurse (Children and Young People) (Hons) course at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) . These are interspersed throughout the three years of the programme.
The School of Nursing is amongst one of the first educational providers within the North West region who ensure that you are adequately supported within their clinical experiences by allocating associate lecturing staff to first year placement areas. These members of staff will visit you within the student’s placement areas to ensure that the placement is progressing and the learning environment is providing you with appropriate learning opportunities that will enable you to achieve your learning outcomes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing Practice
- Society, Health and Care Provision
- Children's Nursing Practice
- Developing Practice in Children's Nursing
- Essentials of Children's Nursing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 434 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical offer is 120 UCAS Points. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements and predicted grades (where applicable) together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Distinction, Merit
- Pass Access Course: 120 UCAS Points
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no component below 6.5) or equivalent taken within two years prior to your course commencement date
- GCSE: Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent.
- If you already have a degree 2:2 or above in a health related field you are eligible to apply for the MSc Pre-registration Nursing programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.