The Interactive Media and Business program from NYU Shanghai welcomes interest in entrepreneurship in all forms large organizations or startups, for-profit or not-for-profit that bring about disruptive changes and create positive social impact.
Students of IMB will acquire a design-and-build mindset and gain experience by implementing creative solutions to real business problems in order to graduate well prepared for stimulating careers or future learning journeys in diverse organizations across the globe.
Students of IMB will begin their education in one of the world’s business and media capitals, Shanghai, in one of the most dynamic economies in the world, China. IMB majors and minors will take a unique blend of interactive media and business foundation courses, including Application Lab, which introduces theories of innovation, early-stage business concepts, creative coding, and user experience design.
For their second emerging media foundation, IMB students will choose between Interaction Lab, which covers interaction design, electronics, computation, and digital fabrication, or Communications Lab, which covers digital media production methods, including imaging, audio, video, and Web development, or What is New Media? A course designed to give students a strong theoretical and historical background in new media arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Application Lab
- Communications Lab
- Interaction Lab
- What is New Media
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Economics of Global Business
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision I - November 1
- Early Decision II - January 1
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Business Media Studies & Mass Media View 63 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Contact information for the counselor or other school representative who will complete your Common Application School Report and submit your official high school transcript.
- Contact information for one teacher (or two, maximum) who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
- Nonrefundable $80.00 application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- Results from standardized tests and/or national exams
- Results from English language testing are required for students whose native language is not English
- The Common Application School Report and official high school transcript
- One teacher evaluation (students may submit an optional second teacher evaluation, but please submit no more than two)
- The Common Application Mid-Year Report
International52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.