Areas of expertise include the development of software, the manipulation of digital media, the fabrication of material objects, the production of electronic devices, the construction of virtual and physical spaces, media theory, interactive installation, and the philosophy of technology.
Our curriculum, community, and active learning environment facilitate student acquisition of both conceptual insights and practical skills, encouraging our students to explore their personal interests whilst engaging both critically and creatively with new technologies.
The Interactive Media Arts majors at NYU Shanghai take a required foundation course, What is New Media? A course designed to give students a strong theoretical and historical background in new media arts.
Students then choose from a range of elective categories across the disciplines of art & design, humanities, science, computation, and business with great freedom to make a selection based on their personal interest and future career goals.
Students will receive guidance in their choices if they want to specialize in a particular area (business, arts, humanities or computer science). All majors finish with a two semester Capstone Studio course that synthesizes theoretical research and practice to produce an emerging media project and related essay.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What is New Media
- Interaction Lab
- Communications Lab
- Application Lab
- Digital Arts and New Media
- Working with Electrons
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision I - November 1
- Early Decision II - January 1
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 5 other Masters in Media Management in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Contact information for the counselor or other school representative who will complete your Common Application School Report and submit your official high school transcript.
- Contact information for one teacher (or two, maximum) who will complete the Teacher Evaluation form.
- Nonrefundable $80.00 application fee. Students who are unable to pay the application fee can request a fee waiver.
- Results from standardized tests and/or national exams
- Results from English language testing are required for students whose native language is not English
- The Common Application School Report and official high school transcript
- One teacher evaluation (students may submit an optional second teacher evaluation, but please submit no more than two)
- The Common Application Mid-Year Report
International52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National52206 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52206 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.